The Data Controller is Abiogen Pharma S.p.A., in the person of its legal representative Massimo Di Martino, headquartered in Ospedaletto (PI), Via Antonio Meucci No. 36, whose contact details are as follows: tel.: +39 050.3154259; e-mail: email@example.com
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) is lawyers Valeria Macchia, with legal firm in Livorno, Piazza Grande No. 38, whose contact details are as follows: tel.: +39 0586883245, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are text files created by a Web application and stored on the client used by the user to access Internet (pc, smartphone, tablet etc...) in order to be re-submitted during subsequent Internet accesses by the user. Cookies allow to collect information about the user's browsing of Websites, for instance in order to remember users' language preferences or the currency used to make purchases. Cookies can be stored on the device permanently and have a variable duration (the so called persistent cookies), but they can also disappear when closing the browser, or they can have a limited duration (the so called session cookies). Cookies may be installed by the Website being browsed (the so called first party cookies), or they may be installed by other Websites (the so called third party cookies).
Similar technologies, such as, for instance, web beacon, transparent GIFs and any type of local storage introduced with HTML5 can be used to collect information about the users' behaviour and their use of services.
Types of cookies
According to their characteristics and use, cookies can be divided in the following categories:
· Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential for the proper operation of the Website and they are used to manage the session, login and access to the reserved functions of the Website. The duration of cookies is strictly limited to the work session (they are deleted as soon as the browser is closed).
· Analysis and performance cookies. These cookies are used to collect and analyse Website traffic and use. For instance, they allow to detect if the same user visits the Website again at different times. They also allow to monitor the system and improve its performance and usability. Said cookies can be turned off without any loss of functionality.
· Profiling cookies. These cookies are used to create users' profiles in order to send them advertising messages in line with their preferences shown during their previous browsing.
Third party cookies
While browsing a Website, users can receive cookies both from the visited Website ("first party" cookies), and from Websites managed by different organizations ("third party" cookies). A significant example is the presence of "social plugins", or the integration of third party maps. These are parts of the visited page generated directly by the aforesaid Websites and integrated in the page of the hosting Website. Social plugins are most commonly used to share contents on social networks, while maps allow to localize the activity according to the geographical coordinates established.
The presence of such services implies the transmission of cookies from and to all the Websites managed by third parties. The management of the information collected by "third parties" is governed by the relevant privacy policies, to which you should refer.
For more information about the types of cookies, their characteristics and how they function, you can visit the Websites http://www.allaboutcookies.org, www.youronlinechoices.com, http://cookiepedia.co.uk and the new provision of the Italian Privacy Protection Authority Cookie guidelines and other tracking tools - 10 June 2021 (https://www.garanteprivacy.it/home/docweb/-/docweb-display/docweb/9677876).
WHAT COOKIES AND WHAT TOOLS DO WE USE IN OUR WEBSITE?
Users can block or delete cookies by configuring their browsers. Said programs usually have also an option which allows to block third party cookies specifically. Each browser has different procedures to manage cookies. The link to specific instructions for the most common ones are provided below: - Microsoft Edge: https: //support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/4027947/microsoft-edge-delete-cookies
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=it
- Apple Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=it_IT
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Attivare%20e%20disattivare%20i%20cookie
Please note that, if you disable cookies in the browser completely, you may not be able to use all the interactive features.
WHO ARE DATA RECIPIENTS?
The processing related to the web services of this Website is carried out at the aforesaid headquarters of the Data Controller, and only by specifically appointed personnel entrusted with the processing. If need be, data may be processed by the personnel of the company entrusted with the maintenance of the technological part of the Website.